When school is closed due to extreme weather conditions (heat, cold, snow or ice), Kid’s Zone will remain open. All children attending must be signed in before 9:00am.
On inclement weather days we will be open at Shoal Creek Elementary.
Every child will be provided a lunch and drink on inclement weather days. There will be no need to bring anything from home.
If there is an early release due to weather, Kid’s Zone will be open and there will be no additional charge. All children enrolled for Kid's Zone may attend, you would just need to let their teacher know that they are to report to Kid's Zone.
In the case of evacuation of the school:
• Children will be transported to a school near their own by LPS Transportation.
• Every attempt will be made to notify the parent by phone and /or email.
• Signs will be put on the doors of the home school with the name of the school and directions to where your child has been transported.
If school is canceled due to unforeseen circumstances, i.e., flood, tornado, fire; parents may call the Kid’s Zone office at 736-5378 for information on care and site openings for that day.
In case of a natural disaster, staff will accompany children to a designated area of the school.
• Weather will be monitored by district administration and the proper precautions will be taken for the safety of your child.
• Parents will be notified if the need arises for children to be picked up from the school before the normal closing time.